Top 3 Ways Retail Stores Can Get Found by Local Customers
With restrictions soon to be lifted across the US, retail stores need to be prepared for a wave of traffic. People have been cooped up in their homes for over a year now, and you better believe they’ll be eager to get out and do some shopping.
But how do you ensure that consumers find your store and not your competitors’? Luckily, there are a few tricks you can use to boost your rank in local searches and grow your customer base.
Here are our top three tips to help your retail store get found online.
Create a Microsite
A microsite is a smaller site that concentrates on a specific topic or niche. Because it has a more narrow focus than a larger website it makes it easier to rank for local keywords.
- They allow you to focus on a specific area of your business. For example, if you really want to rank locally for women’s hats you can create a whole microsite around that niche. This is more effective than trying to target those keywords with a more general site.
- They’re great for local SEO. If you focus your microsite on your local area you’ll be much more likely to show up in searches when people nearby are looking for your products. If your retail store has multiple locations consider creating a microsite for each location to help them get found in their local area.
- Microsites are perfect for promoting product launches, events, special promotions and more. If there’s something exciting you want to spread the word about consider creating a microsite around it. This will increase the chances it gets discovered in searches.
List Your Business in Local Directories
People don’t just search for retail stores on Google. They also use online directories to find the top businesses in their area. This is why it’s critical to get your store listed in as many directories as possible.
Plus, having more directory listings is good for local SEO. These websites have very high domain authorities, so even if your website doesn’t show up for certain keywords your directory listing might. Customers can also leave reviews on these sites which boosts your search rankings.
Here are a few directories you should consider listing your store on:
- Google My Business
- Yellow Pages
- Better Business Bureau
Use Paid Advertising
While you should definitely invest in SEO strategies for your store, it often takes time before you begin to appear in organic search results. That’s why it’s a great idea to supplement SEO with paid advertising.
There are two types of ads you can buy:
- Google Ads: These ads appear at the top of Google’s search results. You’ll choose which keywords you want to target and pay a small fee to show up in those searches.
- Facebook Ads: Use Facebook’s large data collection to target a wide array of demographics, including age, gender, interests, occupation, and more.
With both of these ads, you’re able to limit them to your local area to ensure they’re only being shown to people who are within driving distance of your store.
fyndyou® Will Get Your Retail Store Found
The fyndyou program includes all the services above and more to ensure you get found in your local area. We optimize your digital marketing and local SEO so you can focus on growing your business.
If you want to learn more, click here and schedule a free demo.